Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

The belong to the 83 million children born between 1997-2000, the Millennials. The Millennials have three age groups, the tweens, teens, and adults who age 19-32. We have a total of $733 billion in spending power and make up a big attractive market. "One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life. The Millennials were the first generation to grow up in a world filled with computers, cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks." As a kid I had the opportunity to watch cartoons in the morning before school, listen to music on portable devices without a casket or CD present, and search the web for anything I wanted (with my moms consent). Even though I was born into this generation I was only allowed an hour of internet access or an hour of TV but never both. I was encouraged by my mother to go outside and play, those are the memories I am most fond of. We are looked down upon because we spend too much time on technology and not enough in the great outdoors. We hear a lot "back in my days" and overtime we speak up about technology we get an even bigger earful of "I don't care." I was born with the knowledge and presence of technology. Personally I love technology because without it many life saving medical equipment wouldn't exist. Technology is our future and will never die out, it will instead continue to advance in the world providing newer ways of doing things. We are the future, some of us are good and some of us are bad, some are glued to technology and some aren't, thats inevitable. There is good and bad in every generation. I personally consider myself to be a good millennial who hope to make a difference in this world, someway, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment